Kenya Cup Round Up: 7 August 2021

Kenya Harlequin defeat Mwamba 20-18 in match day 12 action at the RFUEA Ground on Saturday 7 August 2021.

Mwamba took the lead through Brian Mwangi’s 7th minute penalty and they were soon 8-0 up when Felix Otieno finished off a flowing move five minutes later.

Quins soon regrouped, Brian Obwaya barging over for an unconverted try that brought the scores to 8-5 before scrum half Anthony Abonyo gave them the lead with a second unconverted try.

Allan Odiyo then drilled over a penalty before referee Duncan Kioko awarded the hosts a penalty try as Quins took a 20-8 lead into the break.

Mwamba chased the game, scoring two second half tries from Idris Shariff and Ronnie Omondi, too little too late for Kulabu…Quins just stealing the result.

In the early kick off match at the Nandi Bears Club, MMUST secured a  38-10 victory over Blakblad. Douglas Sifuna went over the whitewash for Blakblad’s sole try in the match with Kevin Gathu adding the extras  for a 7-0 lead.  MMUST quickly responded with an unconverted try for a 5-7  score.The hosts were then penalized for collapsing a  scrum, Blakblad quickly drilling in the penalty before MMUST landed a converted try  for a 12-10 half time lead.

In the second half, Masinde Muliro added 26 points to their tally securing the comfortable  38-10 victory.

The much awaited top of the league fixture pitting Kabras against KCB ended in a 30-23 victory to the hosts, Kabras. Mukidza was first on the scoresheet as he drilled in a penalty in the first three minutes of the match. Nine minutes later, Kabras registered their first points as Bryceson Adaka went over the whitewash for a converted try giving his side the 7-3 lead. Kabras would however be penalized for collapsing a scrum and Mukidza sure with his boot drilled in the penalty kick narrowing the gap to 7-6.

Scrumhalf, Michael Wanjala sent the ball to Andrew Amonde who played in Vincent Onyala to score KCB’s first converted try. An infringement by KCB’s Peter Kilonzo got him sinbinned and Kabras maximized on their one man advantage as George Nyambua dotted down  for a five pointerthat was converted by Dukisa, Kabras leading14-13. At the stroke of half-time,  J. Misoga bulldozed his way over the try line extending Kabras’ lead by an additional five points, Dukisa’s conversion brought the half-time scores to 21-13.

KCB’s Samuel Asati kicked off the second half with a center post try with Mukidza converting to reduce the gap to 21-20. All points scored from this point on were in form of penalties. Dukisa and Mukidza exchanged a penalty kick each, scores reading 24-23 in favour of Kabras. With about 15 minutes left on the clock, several Infringements by KCB got them penalized and Dukisa split the posts with two additional penalties for a 30-23 full time score.

Facebook Comments Box
News Reporter
%d bloggers like this: